If you are one of those people who are used to sweet treats with high sugar levels, then you need to try vegan orange cookies. Though to some extend, sugary treats satiate your sugar cravings; the truth is vegan baking is healthier.
Why Are Vegan Cookies Better?
Vegan cookies do not contain any animal, dairy, and high-fat content. This makes them way better if done right as compared to conventional cookies.
Though the recipe may contain sugar, it’s normally from natural sweeteners and are good for your health.
Also, the fact that the cookies use Margarine instead of butter makes it a great pick for those looking forward to losing some pounds.
It’s also an excellent pick for those who are allergic to dairy products and eggs.
Don’t be too harsh on yourself; whether vegan or not, you can still enjoy vegan baked treats.
And the best part is, you can customize your ingredients to suit your preferences.
To add more flavor to it, you can throw in some fruits. This is one of the benefits of home baking.
Now that you know why vegan cookies are an excellent pick for you let’s jump straight into our recipe.
Vegan Orange Cookies Ingredients
¾ cup of orange juice
4 cups of self-raising baking flour
¼ cup powdered sugar
1 tbsp vanilla sauce
1 cup margarine
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
1tsp almond extract
1/3 cup of powdered sugar for dusting the cookies
- Sift your flour, salt, and ¼ cup of powdered sugar in a large bowl.
- Pour your olive oil and mix with your fingers while crushing the lumps that may have formed. If you have a mixer, transfer the sifted flour inside, then add cooking oil. Mix for three minutes with the high-speed variant.
- Add your vanilla extract, orange juice, and almond extract. Change the mixer to low and continue mixing until you get an even mixture.
- Preheat your oven up to 3500 F.
- As your oven preheats, prepare the dough for baking. Grease your baking sheet or place a parchment paper to prevent the cookies from sticking.
- With a serving spoon, scoop dough and place it on your baking sheet shaping it in a circular shape. Do this for the remaining dough.
- Bake for thirty to forty minutes until the cookies are lightly browned.
- Remove them from the oven and allow five minutes of cooling before spraying powdered sugar.
- Enjoy a drink of your choice.
If you like this vegan orange cookie recipe, you may also like the following: