Haitian cake recipe demystified-If you are looking for the best dessert for any occasion, then Haitian cake may be all that you need. The treat boats of its incredible taste that enough to satiate your taste buds.
In Haiti, there is no special occasion that’s complete without this dessert.
However, to get the real authentic taste of the traditional Haitian cake, you need to have your recipe right.
And in this piece, we are going to take you through what you require with detailed instructions.
Are you ready?
Let’s get started.
2 cups of self-raising baking flour (sifted)
1 ½ tsp of rum
1 cup of granulated sugar
1 tsp nutmeg
3 eggs (beaten and separated from the whites)
1 cup unsalted butter
1tsp of zested lime
1tsp of Almond and Vanilla extract
1 ½ of boiled milk
- Preheat your oven to 176 degrees Celsius. Grease and lightly flour two 8” pans and put aside.
- As your oven heats, transfer your sifted baking flour in a large basin and add salt.
- In a bowl, put rum and lime zest and mix evenly.
- With the help of a mixer, cream sugar and butter till you get a light, fluffy mixture.
- Transfer your rum and zest mixture, Almond, Vanilla, and egg yolks and even mix using the mixer medium speed.
- Add milk and flour mixture prepared at step 2 and mix gradually.
- In a separate bowl, beat your egg whites till you get stiff peaks.
- Transfer your egg whites to your batter and mix adequately.
- Transfer the batter to your pans and spread evenly. Place the pans inside your oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove and place the pans on a cooling rack. Add a buttercream frost and enjoy with a soft drink.
If you like this Haitian cake, you may also like the following: