Vanilla cupcakes are a classic treat that is underrated. Most people stereotype vanilla cupcakes to be a perfect treat for kids, but they can be an excellent pick for everyone. And the best part is, you can customize them to suit your needs.
Better still, you can track how many pieces your kids take in a day to avoid excessive sugar consumption. Aside from its amazing taste, vanilla extract has a myriad of health benefits. Yes, you read that right! Most people think it’s unhealthy to add sugary snacks into their diet.
Be mindful of your sugar consumption and especially the quantity of sugar you plan to use in this recipe. Ensure your sugar consumption is within the recommended rate. In case you might be wondering about the health benefits of adding vanilla cupcakes to your diet, then you need to stay with me to the end.
Read Also: Your Ultimate Guide to Preparing Banana Cupcakes Variations
Benefits of Vanilla Cupcakes
Vanilla cupcakes have a natural vanilla extract known to be rich in vitamins and minerals essential to the body. Among the benefits you will get include:
- Help prevent premature aging and cancer due to its high anti-oxidant properties
- Vanilla extract can help make you feel full, which allows you to manage a healthy weight
- The vanilla scent is excellent for relieving nausea
- It contains anti-bacterial, which is great for quickly healing wounds and treating acne.
- It has an appealing aroma that relaxes the brain, keeps you calm, and helps reduce your chances of getting stressed.
Recommended: Jamaican Drunken Ginger Cake Recipe Demystified
Now that you know the health benefits of vanilla cupcakes, let’s jump into our recipe.
2 cups all-purpose baking flour
1 tbsp cinnamon powder
1 ¼ tsp baking powder
A cup full of sugar
A cup full of milk
1 tsp cardamom
4 large eggs (at room temperature)
2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
1 stick unsalted butter
½ tsp salt
- Sift the flour twice to aerate it properly. Transfer the sifted flour into a mixer. Add cinnamon, cardamom, baking powder, salt, and mix at medium speeds.
- In a separate bowl, whisk butter and sugar until you get a light, fluffy mixture. Pour the mixture into the mixer and add vanilla extract and milk. Beat all the eggs and mix at high speeds until you get a smooth, consistent batter.
- Prepare a cupcake pan with liners and put it aside.
- Preheat the oven up to 3500 C. Pour the batter into the liners three-quarters full for each cup. Bake for twenty minutes until golden brown. Place in a wire rack and wait until the cupcakes cool completely.
- Enjoy your vanilla cupcakes with tea, coffee, or juice. Consume within four to five days.