Chocolate raspberry cake recipe demystified. Entertaining your guests, especially on a special occasion like New Year, can seem challenging. The hassle of choosing recipes for people with different preferences can overwhelm you. But some recipes are irresistible, and everyone would drool over. And the chocolate raspberry cake is one of them.
The raspberry topping gets you into eating moods. When the bittersweet chocolate is perfectly blended with cinnamon, it gives the treat an amazing flavor that accords your taste buds with an orgasmic feel. However, to achieve this heavenly taste, you need to get your recipe right.
Read Also: Hoppin’ John Recipe: Afro-Caribean Cuisine- A Must Eat for New Year
And today, I will unveil my secret to a tasty chocolate raspberry cake. Stay with me to the end.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 ½ cups of sugar
4 eggs at room temperature
½ cup cocoa powder
1 tsp cinnamon
5 ounces bittersweet chocolate (melted and cooled down)
1 cup buttermilk
1 ¾ stick of unsalted butter
1 ½ tbsp. lemon juice
4 cups raspberry (fresh)
½ cup sugar
Recommended: Congo Bars Recipe- A Tasty Dessert That Will Melt Your Heart
- Sift your baking flour thrice and put it into a dough mixer. Add baking powder, cinnamon, cocoa, chocolate, and salt. Mix them at low speeds until properly mixed and well aerated.
- Whisk butter and sugar together in a separate bowl until you get a light, fluffy mixture. Put the mixture into the dough mixer.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix at high speeds until you get a thick consistency batter.
- Preheat the oven up to 350 degrees. Lightly grease three 8” by 2” baking pans and place parchment papers at the bottom of each pan.
- Pour batter until ¾ full and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean when inserted in the center.
- As the cakes are baking, mix sugar, lemon juice, and 2 cups of raspberry in a saucepan and cook on high heat. Keep stirring until the mixture thickens and becomes sticky on the spoon.
- Set it aside to cool for half an hour and stir in one cup of raspberry.
- Once your cakes are evenly baked, place them in a cooling rack and apply half of the filling on top. Place the other cake on top of the filling. Add another layer of the remaining filling and place the other cake on top to make three layers. Spread chocolate frosting on top and sides, then refrigerate the cakes overnight.
- Garnish with the remaining raspberry, and enjoy with fruit juice.
- Store the remaining in a refrigerator for five days.