Ministers of God, whether old or young, are ‘Great’ because of the calling of God over their lives. The very reason we must honour and acknowledge their teachings and tutelage. Their words are heaven-sent. It holds power and anointing. However, this post will highlight a few quotes from various powerful sermons taught by great ministers of God. Feel free to recite them at all times. They are not just exciting or inspirational but revelational and transformative. You may have even listened to or watched some of the sermons and are familiar with quotes.
Here you have it.
- “The ability to rejoice in any situation is a sign of spiritual maturity.” – Billy Graham.
- “Stop all the distractions and build an altar for yourself. Let God show you crucial things about your life, including your purpose, who to marry, and many more!” –Apostle Arome Osayi.
- “If you would tap one-third of the grace that God has put in your life, your generation will not recover from what you have.” –Apostle Joshua Selman.
- Jesus is not a means of getting something. Jesus himself is what to get. He is the object to pursue. Why are you putting the cart before the horse?” –Bro. Gbile Akanni.
- “You can’t walk in God’s plans and miss His backing. A baby lion is at rest hanging around the mother lion.” –Bishop David Oyedepo.
- “Do not put your faith in any preacher, in any human system, but put your faith and trust in the Living God.” –Dr. Myles Munroe.
You may also like: 5 Most Influential Spiritual Leaders in Modern Christianity.
- “Refuse to give up. Every time you are tempted to give up, remember all those who are connected to your destiny. Remember that God is counting on you to be the person who will end certain cycles.” – Apostle Joshua Selman.
- “The older generation minister left us with prayer, fasting, and meditation on the word of God as the key to success in ministry. God will judge us if we hand over lights, stage and entertainment.” –Pastor Poju Oyemade.
- “Learn to delay gratification and insist until you’re competent. Don’t wear tomorrow’s clothes today; you will walk naked tomorrow. Don’t eat tomorrow’s food today; you will die of hunger tomorrow.” –Apostle Joshua Selman.
- “Don’t let past mistakes keep you from seeking God”. –Evang. Billy Graham.
- “You’re not yet a profit to Gid’s kingdom until you’ve grown to a point where your will is completely sold out. Your will is being surrendered to God every day, and you no longer live your own way but God’s way.” –Apostle Arome Osayi.
- “Learn to thank God in truth and indeed. Let no blessing look small to you. Thank Hime from the depth of your heart.” –Bishop David Oyedepo.
- “Make sure the person you are getting into a relationship with does not make you reduce or hide your Christianity or spirituality”. –Pst. Mildred Kingsley-Okonkwo.
- “Self-control could mean the ability to drop your phone, stay off social media for some hours, pick a book to read, take a course lecture, read your bible, listen to a sermon without checking Instagram or Twitter when listening. Be in charge.” –Pst. Daniel Olawande.
- “In your walk with God, don’t ever think you can go far if you are not willing to sacrifice. You will sacrifice a lot of things, including your will, time, and other things that are precious to you.” –Apostle Arome Osayi.
- “This is how to know you are growing- that every day, you can push beyond what you feel and do what you need to do, regardless of how you feel”. –Pastor Emmanuel Iren.
- “Never allow the devil to attack your prayer life; once he attacks it, you become powerless.” –Pastor E.A. Adeboye.
- “Don’t rush seasons in your life. there are training processes you can’t pray your way out of. You can only pray for the grace to pass through them!” –Apostle Joshua Selman.
You may also like: Famous Black Celebrities who gave their lives to Christ.
- “God’s destiny for you is far greater than what you can make out for yourself. Just follow Him. People will call you foolish, please, be foolish for Him. The vision will speak for itself in due time.” –Apostle Arome Osayi.
- “If you want God to trust you with more, you must show faithfulness at your current level.” -Apostle Joshua Selman.
- “No matter how far God lifts you, the moment pride begins to come, fight it like you’d fight Satan. Don’t ever allow any results to make you fight the people God used to help you. In your Humility is your immunity!” –Apostle Joshua Selman.
Recommended: Discerning the will of God by Apostle Joshua Selman.
- “It takes a lot to be consistent. A lot to show up BIG in your assignment every day, to constantly put in the work whether people see you do so or not.” –Pastor Emmanuel Iren.
- “You must conquer the pressure that men will bring to you. There is power in waiting; stay! Impatience will cost you the blessings that consistency brings.” –Apostle Joshua Selman.
- “The proof that you love God is not that you cry during praise and worship, but that you obey His commandments.” –Apostle Arome Osayi.
- “God knows how to lift you; yours is just to trust Him and obey.” –Apostle Joshua Selman.
- “Whatever else you lose, don’t lose your voice. Pray! Don’t lose your voice there, even when you’re so marginalized that you have no voice here. Pray! –Rev. Gideon Odoma.
- “Don’t quit yet; keep stretching! The great people you desire to meet will reach out to you someday, but make sure they meet an improved version of yourself.” –Pst. Daniel Olawande.
- “The greatest tragedy is not your death. The greatest tragedy is what dies with you.” –Dr. Myles Munroe.
- “You can never have a prayer life if you only pray when you feel stirred to pray. Prayer is labour, and many times when you are praying, you will not feel like it.” –Pastor Emmanuel Iren.
- Listen, God is going somewhere with you. However, you can choose to end your dealing with Him. You will not go to hell, but you have limited the extent to which He can do business with you.” –Apostle Joshua Selman.
Nothing beats spiritually inspired words from God. Not only are they soul-lifting, but they ignite your passion for God and rekindle the burning desire to do God’s will at all times. We pray that each time you listen or read words from ministers of God, they bless and inspire your life, and testimonies abound. Amen.
Which of these quotes has blessed your life?