Moroccan chickpeas cake is simple, tasty, and easy to prepare as a treat for almost every occasion. The cake touts its rich flavors, which give it a tasty and appealing finish. The first time I enjoyed this recipe was at a friend’s party. Being a foodie, I was drawn in by this unique treat and was dying to have my first bite.
Bearing in mind that I’m not a vegan and growing up, I didn’t love chickpeas; I became hesitant. But I could not resist the unique aroma. My taste buds were dying to have a go. Its taste was so satisfying, and I couldn’t get enough. I was so curious to know how to prepare it and couldn’t wait for the party to end and get a chance to talk to the chef.
That very evening, I was eager try out this Moroccan chickpeas cake recipe. And since I discovered this recipe, it’s over five years now, and no weekend is complete without one.
Recommended: Home Baked Morrocan Fekkas with Raisins and Amonds| Moroccan Cuisine
Over time I perfected and was able to customize the recipe to suit my needs. And today, I’m going to unveil my secret to a tasty Moroccan chickpeas cake. But before then, here is why you need to add it to your diet.
Why You Should Add Moroccan Chickpeas Cake to Your Meal Plan
- Chickpeas are loaded with fiber which helps to improve your digestion
- Good source of iron, which helps prevent deficiency
- It’s a nutritional powerhouse that helps keep your body nourished
- Excellent source of proteins which makes it a perfect pick for vegan people.
- Its protein and fiber help keep you full, making it a go-to treat for those looking forward to losing some pounds.
- Its low glycemic index (GI) help regulate blood sugar levels
Now, let’s get down to our recipe.
Read also: Congo Bars Recipe- A Tasty Dessert That Will Melt Your Heart
1 tbsp Garam masala
500g canned chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic
2 tbsp cooking oil
8 tbsp bread crumbs
1 bunch of finely chopped coriander
1 onion (finely chopped)
½ tsp pepper
1 tsp paprika
- Sauté onions for one minute. Add Garam masala, salt, garlic, cumin, and stir the mixture for 20 seconds. Transfer into a food processor, add pepper, paprika, coriander, chickpeas, and breadcrumbs, and blend until you get a coarse paste.
- Divide the paste into small balls and flatten them into a round cake-like shape. Dip them into the polenta mixture until fully coated.
- Fry for three minutes or bake in an oven until golden brown.
- Pair your Moroccan chickpeas cake with Harissa and Greek yogurt dip paste. Store the remaining in an air tight container and enjoy within two days.