- US refused to issue its visas to one of the world’s most powerful prosecutors, Fatou Bensouda.
- Fatou Bensouda is an African-Gambia and the Chief Prosecutor for the International Criminal Court.
- 92 years old Tunisian president, Beji Essebsi won’t seek re-election this November.
- Burundian government went to the way of unpopular- it banned journalism and it’s appearance.
- Algerian youths won’t stop until they get enough! They are demanding that other ‘king makers’ of Abdelaziz Bouteflika resign.
- Attacks on immigrants climbs in South Africa – it doesn’t even matter if you are an African. If you are not an indigenous South African-expect to be limbed!
- In the US, State of Georgia, an 8 months pregnant woman, age 39, was killed along with her teenage son by a boyfriend who went on killing himself.
- Pick your crowd well and read your invitation letter twice! Six people were injured while attending a baby shower event in Chicago. Two of the victims are children.
- Don Lemon of CNN is engaged- to Tom Malone!
- Celine Dion said she isn’t dating- “just leaning on…”.
The perspectives of our community matter in media! It’s about our voice, and taking control of our narratives. Please join and support us!
Visit AfroGist Media channels often for news updates. Access other thoughts and analyses here, reach out to post your commentaries, and feature your platform. Watch shows, and participate in crucial conversations that concern us. Connect with the community.